Monday, February 9, 2009

And The Winner Is . . .

Lord of the pies, pie guy, blueberry boy. These are a few names Mike was called today. 7th through 12th grade held a pie eating contest at Marquette as part of spirit week. Mike was the contestant for the junior class. The contestants were given 8 minutes to eat a blueberry pie. You could not use a fork, because you could not use your hands. So that left their mouths. I guess his classmates have eaten with him before, because their confidence was high. Mike ate it in just over 4 minutes. Licked it CLEAN. Can't wait to see the pictures. I'll share them as soon as I can. I am told pie was everywhere. He came home and said "I think there still might be a blueberry up my nose." Great. His Dad's comment was "That's my boy!" I guess it's a guy thing.

6 comments:

Mrs. Julie Fink said...

How fun!

Debbie said...

I am sure the pictures will be great!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures! Way to go Mike!!!!!

Kim said...

How exciting, nothing like have a cheering section! I'm sure the pics will be awesome.

Kris's Korner said...

Good Job Mike!!!!!I hope he was not sick. Way to go MIKE!!!! We miss and love you guys.

R. L. Evans said...

That is too funny!!! Go Mike!!!